Man shoots himself dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A 50-year-old man shot himself dead with a licensed pistol at his house here Wednesday, police said. No suicide note was found from the spot.
The man, identified as Mahender, was staying alone in the house at Munirka in south Delhi. The sound of a gun shot was heard by the neighbours who rushed to Mahender`s house and found him lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
"We received the call at about 8 a.m. Mahender was taken to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and was declared dead on arrival," said a police officer.
Mahender succumbed to the wound to his right temple. The investigation is on to ascertain the reason behind the extreme step he took, said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!