Man shoots himself dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A 50-year-old man shot himself dead with a licensed pistol at his house here Wednesday, police said. No suicide note was found from the spot.
The man, identified as Mahender, was staying alone in the house at Munirka in south Delhi. The sound of a gun shot was heard by the neighbours who rushed to Mahender`s house and found him lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
"We received the call at about 8 a.m. Mahender was taken to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and was declared dead on arrival," said a police officer.
Mahender succumbed to the wound to his right temple. The investigation is on to ascertain the reason behind the extreme step he took, said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi