Man shoots himself dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A 50-year-old man shot himself dead with a licensed pistol at his house here Wednesday, police said. No suicide note was found from the spot.
The man, identified as Mahender, was staying alone in the house at Munirka in south Delhi. The sound of a gun shot was heard by the neighbours who rushed to Mahender`s house and found him lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
"We received the call at about 8 a.m. Mahender was taken to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and was declared dead on arrival," said a police officer.
Mahender succumbed to the wound to his right temple. The investigation is on to ascertain the reason behind the extreme step he took, said the officer.
- Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wished 'Happy Birthday' by THESE Bollywood hotties!
- Three new species of mouse lemurs discovered in Madagascar
- TMC questions Roy's banishment, walks out of Rajya Sabha
- Bring back Kohinoor, gift it to Jagannath Temple: BJD MP
- Rajya Sabha names 33 Congress members for disrupting house