Man shot dead while trying to prevent robbery
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man was shot dead
when he was trying to prevent four robbers from barging into
the house of a senior citizen in Southwest Delhi.
Another person was injured in the incident that took
place at around 1:30 am in Indira Park in Palam, police said.
The police said four robbers were trying to break into
the house of 67-year-old Damyanti Devi who lives alone in
The robbers were trying to break open the grills of
one of the windows of Devi`s residence and when she heard the
commotion and cried for help and her neighbours Harish Kumar
(33) and Rishi Chauhan (28), rushed to her house.
Kumar along with Rishi and few other neighbours
managed catch hold of two of the robbers while the other two
The police said that while the residents were beating
the robbers one of them managed to fire two rounds from his
country made pistol and one of the bullets hit Kumar in the
chest while the other hit Chauhan on his shoulder.
Kumar was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was
declared brought dead. The police said that Chauhan, however,
was out of danger.
In the ensuing commotion the two robbers managed to
flee from the spot. Police said they have formed several teams
to nab the robbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened