Man shot dead while trying to prevent robbery
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man was shot dead
when he was trying to prevent four robbers from barging into
the house of a senior citizen in Southwest Delhi.
Another person was injured in the incident that took
place at around 1:30 am in Indira Park in Palam, police said.
The police said four robbers were trying to break into
the house of 67-year-old Damyanti Devi who lives alone in
The robbers were trying to break open the grills of
one of the windows of Devi`s residence and when she heard the
commotion and cried for help and her neighbours Harish Kumar
(33) and Rishi Chauhan (28), rushed to her house.
Kumar along with Rishi and few other neighbours
managed catch hold of two of the robbers while the other two
The police said that while the residents were beating
the robbers one of them managed to fire two rounds from his
country made pistol and one of the bullets hit Kumar in the
chest while the other hit Chauhan on his shoulder.
Kumar was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was
declared brought dead. The police said that Chauhan, however,
was out of danger.
In the ensuing commotion the two robbers managed to
flee from the spot. Police said they have formed several teams
to nab the robbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?