MBA degree holder among 4 held for bike theft in Delhi
New Delhi: An MBA degree holder and three of his friends, all hailing from Manipur, were arrested for allegedly stealing high-end motorcycles in south Delhi, police said today.
Nine costly motorcycles and eight fake registration certificates were also recovered from their possession, they said.
The arrested have been identified as K Sanatomba Singh, an MBA degree holder who works in an MNC in Noida, Rabi Masrur, Mohd Amir Hussain and Asem Kanta Singh.
DCP (South) Chhaya Sharma said police managed to zero in on the gang after identifying Sanatomba from a CCTV footage in which his tattoos were very visible.
"He was in jail till February and after that he got bail. He stole the two-wheeler of the person who gave us the CCTV footage. We examined it and identified the robber through a tattoo he had on his hand," Sharma said.
The youth had come to Delhi in search of jobs. Sanathomba has done his MBA from Coimbatore and worked with Bank of America in Gurgaon and also with an MNC at Noida as Human Resource Manager.
"During questioning, Sanathomba told us that he noticed that his friends were enjoying their life pretty well by earning huge money from stolen vehicles and always remain free whereas he gets only one day off while working in long shifts throughout the week," the DCP said.
After his arrest for the first time, his sister - who is married in a well-to-do family in Manipur, and his girlfriend- working as a nurse in Noida, persuaded him to mend his ways but taste of easy money again brought him to the world of crime, Sharma said.
Masrur, who is pursuing graduation in bio-chemistry in Manipur, has good knowledge of bikes and he used to perform bike stunts for advertising agencies.
Another accused Hussain is a computer expert who prepares fake registration certificates of the stolen motorcycles. He is also a graduate and is trained in Computer Hardware and Networking and Desk Top Printing. Asem is also pursuing his Diploma in Computer Hardware & Networking in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister