MBA student crushed to death by dumper
Ghaziabad: A 24-year-old MBA student was on Monday crushed to death under the wheels of a dumper in Nandgram area of the district, police said.
The incident took place around 7 AM when Ashish, who was going for an exam on his motorcycle, was knocked down by the dumper, they said.
The victim was rushed to a local hospital but was declared brought dead by doctors, they said, adding that the dumper`s driver escaped from the spot.
The incident triggered protests among the locals, who blocked vehicular traffic on Merrut road resulting in a jam for about two hours. They dispersed only after assurance by authorities that the accused will be caught soon.
A case has been registered and searches are on to nab the driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town