MCD for inquiry into Old Delhi building collapse
New Delhi: MCD will soon launch an inquiry
into collapse of a building in Old Delhi`s Jama Masjid area to
ascertain the cause of the incident.
Yogender Chandolia, Chairman of the civic body`s Standing
Committee, said MCD Commissioner K S Mehra has been asked to
inquire into the incident.
"I have asked him to submit a report in tomorrow`s
Standing Committee meeting," he said.
At least three persons were killed and 15 injured tonight
when an old three-storeyed building collapsed near Old
Delhi`s Jama Masjid area.
Chandolia said there were several old and dilapidated
buildings in the area. "We need to take a call on this," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months