MCD inspection to check absenteeism among sanitation workers
New Delhi: In order to ensure accountability
in its functioning, the MCD is undertaking an inspection drive
to check for any absenteeism among its sanitation workers.
The inspection is being conducted by a special squad of
ex-servicemen who had been brought to the Enforcement Cell in
February to make its working more efficient. The squad had so
far been focusing on identification and removal of
unauthorised construction and illegal parkings.
The drive is aimed at checking whether employees of the
Sanitation department were remaining absent from their duties
even after registering their attendance in the biometric
system, officials said.
The ex-servicemen will check records of both lower-level
sanitation workers and senior employees. Officials said there
are complaints about many workers marking their attendance and
then disappearing from their duty stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly