MCD inspection to check absenteeism among sanitation workers
New Delhi: In order to ensure accountability
in its functioning, the MCD is undertaking an inspection drive
to check for any absenteeism among its sanitation workers.
The inspection is being conducted by a special squad of
ex-servicemen who had been brought to the Enforcement Cell in
February to make its working more efficient. The squad had so
far been focusing on identification and removal of
unauthorised construction and illegal parkings.
The drive is aimed at checking whether employees of the
Sanitation department were remaining absent from their duties
even after registering their attendance in the biometric
system, officials said.
The ex-servicemen will check records of both lower-level
sanitation workers and senior employees. Officials said there
are complaints about many workers marking their attendance and
then disappearing from their duty stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!