MCD issues notice to 638 unauthorised buildings in east Delhi
New Delhi: In a bid to curb unauthorised
structures after the Lalita Park house collapse, the MCD has
issued notices to owners of over 600 buildings in east Delhi
for allegedly carrying out illegal construction.
The civic agency has asked the owners of 638 buildings in
Shahdara South Zone to conduct structural safety checking of
their houses and apply to the MCD for regularising them.
The civic body has put a renewed focus on unauthorised
structures after a multi-storeyed building with illegal floors
collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar on the night of
November 15, killing 70 people.
"We have identified these buildings in Shahdara South
Zone and have sent notices to them. These buildings have been
constructed illegally without getting the building plans
sanctioned. We are giving them an opportunity to regularise
them," Yogender Chandolia, Chairman of the MCD Standing
Committee, said today.
The structurally weak and dangerous buildings will have
to be demolished either by MCD or the owners themselves,
A number of buildings in Lalita Park have also been
issued notices by the civic body. MCD had started carrying out
an inspection survey in east Delhi after the collapse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!