MCD plans to crack down on parking mafia in Delhi
New Delhi: The MCD today said it will
approach the Police Commissioner of Delhi to crack down on
unauthorised parking sites being run by the "parking mafia"
allegedly in "nexus" with some traffic policemen and
civic body staff.
Presenting the budget estimates for 2010-11 at a meeting
of the MCD House, Ram Kishan Singhal, Chairman of MCD Standing
Committee, said a large number of parking sites are operating
in areas under its jurisdiction illegally.
"These are being run in nexus with some staff of Delhi
Police, traffic police and MCD," he said adding, "We should
directly approach the Police Commissioner to curb the parking
mafia." Singhal also alleged that the sites are being run in
some areas where the traffic police did not allow the MCD to
operate parking lots.
"If we can crack down on parking mafia, the MCD will be
able to earn additional Rs 200 crore," he said.
Singhal also said that to increase the revenue, MCD will
appeal to the Centre to allow sanctioning of building plans
after sub-division of plots, provision for which is not there
in the building by-laws at present.
He also demanded that the Delhi government should provide
Rs 180 crore to MCD under municipal reform fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why