MCD plans to crack down on parking mafia in Delhi
New Delhi: The MCD today said it will
approach the Police Commissioner of Delhi to crack down on
unauthorised parking sites being run by the "parking mafia"
allegedly in "nexus" with some traffic policemen and
civic body staff.
Presenting the budget estimates for 2010-11 at a meeting
of the MCD House, Ram Kishan Singhal, Chairman of MCD Standing
Committee, said a large number of parking sites are operating
in areas under its jurisdiction illegally.
"These are being run in nexus with some staff of Delhi
Police, traffic police and MCD," he said adding, "We should
directly approach the Police Commissioner to curb the parking
mafia." Singhal also alleged that the sites are being run in
some areas where the traffic police did not allow the MCD to
operate parking lots.
"If we can crack down on parking mafia, the MCD will be
able to earn additional Rs 200 crore," he said.
Singhal also said that to increase the revenue, MCD will
appeal to the Centre to allow sanctioning of building plans
after sub-division of plots, provision for which is not there
in the building by-laws at present.
He also demanded that the Delhi government should provide
Rs 180 crore to MCD under municipal reform fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!