MCD polls: Dikshit exhorts people to vote for Cong
New Delhi: Describing five years of BJP rule
in the MCD as an example of "inefficiency" and "sleepy
administration ", Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today exhorted
people to vote for Congress in the municipal polls to
facilitate improvement in civic services.
Accusing BJP-ruled MCD of depriving the city of basic
sanitation and cleanliness at a series of poll meetings, she
said a better work culture in municipal administration would
be ensured if Congress comes to power in the polls.
Dikshit addressed election meetings at Fatehpur Beri,
Sarai Kale Khan, Vasant Kunj, Vikaspuri and Nanakpura.
Criticising the MCD for failing to spend huge amount of
financial assistance given by Delhi Government, Dikshit said
the municipal administration would be overhauled if Congress
was voted to power.
Referring to her government`s decision to reserve 50 per
cent seats in municipal polls for women, she said it paved the
way for greater participation of women in the decision making
process of the three new civic agencies.
"This decision has encouraged more and more women to come
out of kitchen and participate in the election. They are now
ready to spread their wings with an intention to streamline
municipal administration," she said.
Talking about poor condition of the roads in rural areas,
Dikshit alleged that the BJP totally overlooked development
activities in villages which was "very unfortunate"
Alleging widespread corruption in the MCD in the last
five years, she said the "ghost employee scam" as well as
"teacher recruitment scam" in the civic agency have tarnished
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3