MCD polls: Dikshit exhorts people to vote for Cong
New Delhi: Describing five years of BJP rule
in the MCD as an example of "inefficiency" and "sleepy
administration ", Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today exhorted
people to vote for Congress in the municipal polls to
facilitate improvement in civic services.
Accusing BJP-ruled MCD of depriving the city of basic
sanitation and cleanliness at a series of poll meetings, she
said a better work culture in municipal administration would
be ensured if Congress comes to power in the polls.
Dikshit addressed election meetings at Fatehpur Beri,
Sarai Kale Khan, Vasant Kunj, Vikaspuri and Nanakpura.
Criticising the MCD for failing to spend huge amount of
financial assistance given by Delhi Government, Dikshit said
the municipal administration would be overhauled if Congress
was voted to power.
Referring to her government`s decision to reserve 50 per
cent seats in municipal polls for women, she said it paved the
way for greater participation of women in the decision making
process of the three new civic agencies.
"This decision has encouraged more and more women to come
out of kitchen and participate in the election. They are now
ready to spread their wings with an intention to streamline
municipal administration," she said.
Talking about poor condition of the roads in rural areas,
Dikshit alleged that the BJP totally overlooked development
activities in villages which was "very unfortunate"
Alleging widespread corruption in the MCD in the last
five years, she said the "ghost employee scam" as well as
"teacher recruitment scam" in the civic agency have tarnished
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE