Mercedes runs over cops in Delhi; one dead
New Delhi: In another hit-and-run case in the national capital, a speeding Mercedes Benz car ran over two policemen in Northwest Delhi early Tuesday.
A 30-year-old constable was killed while his young colleague was injured in the incident. The duo was on patrolling duty when the incident happened, police said.
The deceased cop has been identified as Deepak.
The incident took place at around 1.30 am in Paschim Vihar B-1 Block.
Reports said the accused driver had fled the scene after the incident but was later arrested. He was identified as Gurdeep Singh, a hotelier.
Gurdeep owns a chain of restaurants in South Delhi and Gurgaon.
A case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder and rash and negligent driving has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990