Mercedes runs over cops in Delhi; one dead
New Delhi: In another hit-and-run case in the national capital, a speeding Mercedes Benz car ran over two policemen in Northwest Delhi early Tuesday.
A 30-year-old constable was killed while his young colleague was injured in the incident. The duo was on patrolling duty when the incident happened, police said.
The deceased cop has been identified as Deepak.
The incident took place at around 1.30 am in Paschim Vihar B-1 Block.
Reports said the accused driver had fled the scene after the incident but was later arrested. He was identified as Gurdeep Singh, a hotelier.
Gurdeep owns a chain of restaurants in South Delhi and Gurgaon.
A case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder and rash and negligent driving has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH