Middle-aged couple, daughter found murdered in Outer Delhi
New Delhi: A middle-aged couple and their daughter were killed by unidentified persons in their Outer Delhi residence, with police suspecting that it was the handiwork of someone known to the family.
The incident was reported from Rohini this morning.
The victims, originally hailing from Etah in UP, were identified as 55-year-old YPS Chauhan, owner of a godown for chemicals in Shahbad Daulatpur, his wife Rekha (50) and daughter Karishma (22).
While Chauhan was fatally hit on his head, his wife and daughter were strangled.
"The house was not ransacked but a mobile phone is missing. Robbery is not the motive. Entry into the house was friendly which suggests that someone known to the family could be behind it," a senior police official said.
The murders came to light when a local priest`s daughter went to their house. Rekha was to join the priest and nine other women on a pilgrimage to Vaishno Devi this morning.
The priest send his daughter to the house when Rekha did not reach at the time of departure.
"She found the gate open, she went inside and found Chauhan lying in a pool of blood. She raised an alarm and neighbours informed police," the official said.
Investigators claimed the murderer cleaned the room in a bid to clear evidences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest