Middle-aged couple, daughter found murdered in Outer Delhi
New Delhi: A middle-aged couple and their daughter were killed by unidentified persons in their Outer Delhi residence, with police suspecting that it was the handiwork of someone known to the family.
The incident was reported from Rohini this morning.
The victims, originally hailing from Etah in UP, were identified as 55-year-old YPS Chauhan, owner of a godown for chemicals in Shahbad Daulatpur, his wife Rekha (50) and daughter Karishma (22).
While Chauhan was fatally hit on his head, his wife and daughter were strangled.
"The house was not ransacked but a mobile phone is missing. Robbery is not the motive. Entry into the house was friendly which suggests that someone known to the family could be behind it," a senior police official said.
The murders came to light when a local priest`s daughter went to their house. Rekha was to join the priest and nine other women on a pilgrimage to Vaishno Devi this morning.
The priest send his daughter to the house when Rekha did not reach at the time of departure.
"She found the gate open, she went inside and found Chauhan lying in a pool of blood. She raised an alarm and neighbours informed police," the official said.
Investigators claimed the murderer cleaned the room in a bid to clear evidences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM