Middle-aged couple, daughter found murdered in Outer Delhi
New Delhi: A middle-aged couple and their daughter were killed by unidentified persons in their Outer Delhi residence, with police suspecting that it was the handiwork of someone known to the family.
The incident was reported from Rohini this morning.
The victims, originally hailing from Etah in UP, were identified as 55-year-old YPS Chauhan, owner of a godown for chemicals in Shahbad Daulatpur, his wife Rekha (50) and daughter Karishma (22).
While Chauhan was fatally hit on his head, his wife and daughter were strangled.
"The house was not ransacked but a mobile phone is missing. Robbery is not the motive. Entry into the house was friendly which suggests that someone known to the family could be behind it," a senior police official said.
The murders came to light when a local priest`s daughter went to their house. Rekha was to join the priest and nine other women on a pilgrimage to Vaishno Devi this morning.
The priest send his daughter to the house when Rekha did not reach at the time of departure.
"She found the gate open, she went inside and found Chauhan lying in a pool of blood. She raised an alarm and neighbours informed police," the official said.
Investigators claimed the murderer cleaned the room in a bid to clear evidences.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley