Minor rape: Middle-level officers reshuffled, East Delhi DCP shifted
New Delhi: The Deputy Commissioner of Police of East Delhi, where the rape of a five-year-old girl had taken place, was shifted in a reshuffle of middle-level officers of Delhi Police.
Prabhakar, a 2003-batch IPS officer who was Deputy Commissioner of Police (East), was transferred to Prime Minister`s Security in the same rank, a senior police official said.
Prabhakar had headed the district where the rape of the five-year-old girl in Gandhinagar led to protests in the capital.
It was alleged the local police did not investigate the kidnapping and subsequent rape of the girl properly. A Vigilance Enquiry had indicted the Station House Officer of Gandhi Nagar Police for dereliction of duty.
Prabhakar has been replaced by Ajay Kumar, an IPS officer of 2001 batch who was handling the PM Security.
Chhaya Sharma, a 1999-batch officer who was heading South Delhi district as its Deputy Commissioner of Police, was transferred to Mizoram. DCP (Outer) B S Jaiswal, a 2001 batch officer, replaces her.
Sharma had headed the South district when the gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman in a moving bus on December 16 last year, took place.
A senior police official said the transfer of Prabhakar came against the backdrop of the rape incident and it was "obvious".
On Sharma`s transfer, the official said AGMU cadre officers have to serve outside Delhi also and her posting to Mizoram was due.
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said the transfers were "routine".
Sanjay Kumar, an officer of 1998 batch, has been posted as new Additional Commissioner of Police. He is now Additional Commissioner of Police in the Prime Minister`s Security.
Vivek Kishore, an officer of 1999 batch who is at present the Deputy Commissioner in charge of Headquarters, has also been transfered to Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow