Minor rape: Middle-level officers reshuffled, East Delhi DCP shifted
New Delhi: The Deputy Commissioner of Police of East Delhi, where the rape of a five-year-old girl had taken place, was shifted in a reshuffle of middle-level officers of Delhi Police.
Prabhakar, a 2003-batch IPS officer who was Deputy Commissioner of Police (East), was transferred to Prime Minister`s Security in the same rank, a senior police official said.
Prabhakar had headed the district where the rape of the five-year-old girl in Gandhinagar led to protests in the capital.
It was alleged the local police did not investigate the kidnapping and subsequent rape of the girl properly. A Vigilance Enquiry had indicted the Station House Officer of Gandhi Nagar Police for dereliction of duty.
Prabhakar has been replaced by Ajay Kumar, an IPS officer of 2001 batch who was handling the PM Security.
Chhaya Sharma, a 1999-batch officer who was heading South Delhi district as its Deputy Commissioner of Police, was transferred to Mizoram. DCP (Outer) B S Jaiswal, a 2001 batch officer, replaces her.
Sharma had headed the South district when the gang-rape of a 23-year-old woman in a moving bus on December 16 last year, took place.
A senior police official said the transfer of Prabhakar came against the backdrop of the rape incident and it was "obvious".
On Sharma`s transfer, the official said AGMU cadre officers have to serve outside Delhi also and her posting to Mizoram was due.
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said the transfers were "routine".
Sanjay Kumar, an officer of 1998 batch, has been posted as new Additional Commissioner of Police. He is now Additional Commissioner of Police in the Prime Minister`s Security.
Vivek Kishore, an officer of 1999 batch who is at present the Deputy Commissioner in charge of Headquarters, has also been transfered to Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured