Mosquitoes found breeding in over 60,000 houses: Report
New Delhi: Over 60,000 households have failed an inspection against mosquito breeding while educational and government offices too reported high larval growth in the city, where cases of dengue are on the rise, according to a civic body report released Friday.
From January to August so far, 60,648 houses have been found positive for breeding, while 1,15,89,967 households have been checked by the municipal body for domestic breeding checking, a South Delhi Municipal Corporation report said.
"A cross-checking team of National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, National Institute of Malaria and Entomological Teams of South Delhi Municipal Corporation have reported high mosquito breeding from educational institutions, government offices and different localities in Delhi," the report said.
While 1,74,435 houses have been sprayed for disinfection so far, the same period saw 162 cases of dengue being reported.
Even as civic bodies have launched preventive measures, the city saw the first dengue death on September 1 with the victim being a 22-year-old youth, incidentally a contractual employee in the North Delhi Municipal Corporation.
Public Health Department, SDMC has launched prosecution action against government institutions and offices and issued challans at institutions like NCERT, Aurobindo Marg, Adhchini; Kendriya Vidhalaya, NCERT, Guru Gobind Singh University Sector 16, Dwarka supervisor among others.
The number of legal notices issued so far stands at 41,064 while 3,858 prosecutions have been launched, the report said.
"Public Heath Department of SDMC has started intensive checking of breeding of aedes mosquitoes at domestic level quite early.
"As this is the beginning of transmission season of dengue in Delhi and this activity has been rightly initiated," Municipal Health Officer, SDMC under whom the entire MCD dengue and malaria report is prepared, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM