Mother Dairy hikes prices of milk in Delhi NCR
New Delhi: Mother Dairy on Friday said it has
increased prices of milk up to Rs 2 per litre in the National
Capital Region due to reduced availability of milk after the
The dairy major has increased prices of full cream
variant from Rs 26 to Rs 28 per litre and that of toned milk
from Rs 21 to Rs 22 per litre.
Prices of bulk vended milk, double-toned milk and skimmed
milk will remain unchanged. Milk prices in Delhi NCR still
lower than that in most Metros, Mother Dairy said in a
The recent drought has led to reduced availability of
milk, impacting prices. As a result, prices of two variants
are being increased, Mother Dairy said.
"The prices of these variants were last revised 13 months
ago. However, consumers in Delhi NCR will continue to enjoy
milk at lower rates compared to most major metros," Mother
Dairy Fruits and Vegetable Pvt Ltd CEO Paul Thachil said.
"Despite competitor brands increasing prices a few months
back, as the market leader in Delhi and keeping consumer
interest in mind, Mother Dairy ensured that prices of its milk
variants were not increased," Thachil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre