Mother Dairy hikes prices of milk in Delhi NCR
New Delhi: Mother Dairy on Friday said it has
increased prices of milk up to Rs 2 per litre in the National
Capital Region due to reduced availability of milk after the
The dairy major has increased prices of full cream
variant from Rs 26 to Rs 28 per litre and that of toned milk
from Rs 21 to Rs 22 per litre.
Prices of bulk vended milk, double-toned milk and skimmed
milk will remain unchanged. Milk prices in Delhi NCR still
lower than that in most Metros, Mother Dairy said in a
The recent drought has led to reduced availability of
milk, impacting prices. As a result, prices of two variants
are being increased, Mother Dairy said.
"The prices of these variants were last revised 13 months
ago. However, consumers in Delhi NCR will continue to enjoy
milk at lower rates compared to most major metros," Mother
Dairy Fruits and Vegetable Pvt Ltd CEO Paul Thachil said.
"Despite competitor brands increasing prices a few months
back, as the market leader in Delhi and keeping consumer
interest in mind, Mother Dairy ensured that prices of its milk
variants were not increased," Thachil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27