Mother Dairy hikes prices of milk in Delhi NCR
New Delhi: Mother Dairy on Friday said it has
increased prices of milk up to Rs 2 per litre in the National
Capital Region due to reduced availability of milk after the
The dairy major has increased prices of full cream
variant from Rs 26 to Rs 28 per litre and that of toned milk
from Rs 21 to Rs 22 per litre.
Prices of bulk vended milk, double-toned milk and skimmed
milk will remain unchanged. Milk prices in Delhi NCR still
lower than that in most Metros, Mother Dairy said in a
The recent drought has led to reduced availability of
milk, impacting prices. As a result, prices of two variants
are being increased, Mother Dairy said.
"The prices of these variants were last revised 13 months
ago. However, consumers in Delhi NCR will continue to enjoy
milk at lower rates compared to most major metros," Mother
Dairy Fruits and Vegetable Pvt Ltd CEO Paul Thachil said.
"Despite competitor brands increasing prices a few months
back, as the market leader in Delhi and keeping consumer
interest in mind, Mother Dairy ensured that prices of its milk
variants were not increased," Thachil said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler