MP`s stolen car recovered, three arrested
New Delhi: Three persons, who allegedly
stole the SUV of West Delhi MP Mahabal Mishra, were arrested
in the national capital and the vehicle was recovered from
them, police said on Thursday.
The arrested have been identified as Sunil (35), Satya
Rao (30) and Jasbir (29).
They were arrested from near Vasant Kunj on September 19,
Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H G S Dhaliwal said.
The MP`s car was stolen on August six when his son Vinay
Mishra was returning home from Dwarka sports complex where he
had gone for training.
The vehicle had a puncture near Dabri after which Vinay
called driver Hari Mohan to come to the spot with another
vehicle. Mohan came with another vehicle in which Vinay left
the spot. He asked the driver to change the tyres.
The driver changed the tyres and when he was about to
start the vehicle, four men assaulted him and took away the
car. The men forced the driver into the car on gun-point and
drove it away. They later dumped the driver in Najafgarh area.
The arrests came following police getting a tip-off that
Sunil, who after his release on bail on July 15 from Tihar
Jail, was untraced. Dhaliwal claimed that Sunil contacted his
friends Satya Rao and Babloo, both receivers of stolen
vehicles, and formed a gang.
He also contacted Asif, a criminal of Mewat who used to
join him at the time of robbing or stealing the cars. Rao used
to allegedly purchase vehicles from insurance companies.
If vehicle is repairable, he used to get it repaired
otherwise he used to sell the spare parts of that vehicle
through one Wasim Qureshi who runs a workshop and is expert in
preparing forged documents.
The SUV of Mishra was initially jacked by Sunil-Asif
gang, who sold it to Satya Rao and Babloo at Rs. 2.5 lakh.
Qureshi allegedly changed its engine and chassis numbers
and prepared forged documents having registration number
PB-08-BH-8416 and returned the vehicle to Satya Rao and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant