MP`s stolen car recovered, three arrested
New Delhi: Three persons, who allegedly
stole the SUV of West Delhi MP Mahabal Mishra, were arrested
in the national capital and the vehicle was recovered from
them, police said on Thursday.
The arrested have been identified as Sunil (35), Satya
Rao (30) and Jasbir (29).
They were arrested from near Vasant Kunj on September 19,
Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H G S Dhaliwal said.
The MP`s car was stolen on August six when his son Vinay
Mishra was returning home from Dwarka sports complex where he
had gone for training.
The vehicle had a puncture near Dabri after which Vinay
called driver Hari Mohan to come to the spot with another
vehicle. Mohan came with another vehicle in which Vinay left
the spot. He asked the driver to change the tyres.
The driver changed the tyres and when he was about to
start the vehicle, four men assaulted him and took away the
car. The men forced the driver into the car on gun-point and
drove it away. They later dumped the driver in Najafgarh area.
The arrests came following police getting a tip-off that
Sunil, who after his release on bail on July 15 from Tihar
Jail, was untraced. Dhaliwal claimed that Sunil contacted his
friends Satya Rao and Babloo, both receivers of stolen
vehicles, and formed a gang.
He also contacted Asif, a criminal of Mewat who used to
join him at the time of robbing or stealing the cars. Rao used
to allegedly purchase vehicles from insurance companies.
If vehicle is repairable, he used to get it repaired
otherwise he used to sell the spare parts of that vehicle
through one Wasim Qureshi who runs a workshop and is expert in
preparing forged documents.
The SUV of Mishra was initially jacked by Sunil-Asif
gang, who sold it to Satya Rao and Babloo at Rs. 2.5 lakh.
Qureshi allegedly changed its engine and chassis numbers
and prepared forged documents having registration number
PB-08-BH-8416 and returned the vehicle to Satya Rao and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why