NCW asks Police, DMRC for ATR on charge of sexual harassment
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women has sought an action taken report from the Delhi Police and the Delhi Metro in the case of alleged sexual harassment of a woman officer working in DMRC.
After receiving a complaint from the 30-year old woman, NCW Chairperson Girija Vyas said it is a very serious matter and asked the police and metro for an ATR report. The woman, a legal advisor, claimed that she was being harassed by her senior for the past few days, a senior police official said.
The woman yesterday filed a complaint at Barakhamba police station besides informing the top management of the Delhi Metro, the official said. Delhi Metro has already ordered an internal inquiry into the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter