NCW asks Police, DMRC for ATR on charge of sexual harassment
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women has sought an action taken report from the Delhi Police and the Delhi Metro in the case of alleged sexual harassment of a woman officer working in DMRC.
After receiving a complaint from the 30-year old woman, NCW Chairperson Girija Vyas said it is a very serious matter and asked the police and metro for an ATR report. The woman, a legal advisor, claimed that she was being harassed by her senior for the past few days, a senior police official said.
The woman yesterday filed a complaint at Barakhamba police station besides informing the top management of the Delhi Metro, the official said. Delhi Metro has already ordered an internal inquiry into the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh