NCW asks Police, DMRC for ATR on charge of sexual harassment
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women has sought an action taken report from the Delhi Police and the Delhi Metro in the case of alleged sexual harassment of a woman officer working in DMRC.
After receiving a complaint from the 30-year old woman, NCW Chairperson Girija Vyas said it is a very serious matter and asked the police and metro for an ATR report. The woman, a legal advisor, claimed that she was being harassed by her senior for the past few days, a senior police official said.
The woman yesterday filed a complaint at Barakhamba police station besides informing the top management of the Delhi Metro, the official said. Delhi Metro has already ordered an internal inquiry into the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?