NDMC launches special cleanliness drive ahead of Ramazan
New Delhi: The North Delhi Municipal Corporation today launched a special cleanliness drive in the Old City area ahead of the Holy month of Ramazan, officials said.
North Delhi Mayor Yogendra Chandolia today inspected the areas around Jama Masjid in Old Delhi and launched the drive from Zeenat Mahal.
The Mayor directed the officials concerned to escalate cleanliness work in areas around the iconic mosque, which witnesses a huge number of faithfuls and visitors during the holy month.
"If necessary, additional safai karmacharis will be deployed to improve the sanitation in the area," Chandolia said in a statement.
The mayor also directed the deputy commissioner to monitor the arrangements, if need be to improve sanitation, cleaning of street be get done twice daily.
During the inspection, Chandolia also visited Ayurvedic, Homeopathic and Uunani dispensaries in Old Delhi area.
He was accompanied by senior officials of several departments.
Besides, in view of monsoon season, he also emphasised on desilting of all drains.
With a rise in the number of stray dogs in the area, he directed the department concerned to sterilise them to contain their population, the NDMC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan