NDMC launches special cleanliness drive ahead of Ramazan
New Delhi: The North Delhi Municipal Corporation today launched a special cleanliness drive in the Old City area ahead of the Holy month of Ramazan, officials said.
North Delhi Mayor Yogendra Chandolia today inspected the areas around Jama Masjid in Old Delhi and launched the drive from Zeenat Mahal.
The Mayor directed the officials concerned to escalate cleanliness work in areas around the iconic mosque, which witnesses a huge number of faithfuls and visitors during the holy month.
"If necessary, additional safai karmacharis will be deployed to improve the sanitation in the area," Chandolia said in a statement.
The mayor also directed the deputy commissioner to monitor the arrangements, if need be to improve sanitation, cleaning of street be get done twice daily.
During the inspection, Chandolia also visited Ayurvedic, Homeopathic and Uunani dispensaries in Old Delhi area.
He was accompanied by senior officials of several departments.
Besides, in view of monsoon season, he also emphasised on desilting of all drains.
With a rise in the number of stray dogs in the area, he directed the department concerned to sterilise them to contain their population, the NDMC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption