NDMC launches special cleanliness drive ahead of Ramazan
New Delhi: The North Delhi Municipal Corporation today launched a special cleanliness drive in the Old City area ahead of the Holy month of Ramazan, officials said.
North Delhi Mayor Yogendra Chandolia today inspected the areas around Jama Masjid in Old Delhi and launched the drive from Zeenat Mahal.
The Mayor directed the officials concerned to escalate cleanliness work in areas around the iconic mosque, which witnesses a huge number of faithfuls and visitors during the holy month.
"If necessary, additional safai karmacharis will be deployed to improve the sanitation in the area," Chandolia said in a statement.
The mayor also directed the deputy commissioner to monitor the arrangements, if need be to improve sanitation, cleaning of street be get done twice daily.
During the inspection, Chandolia also visited Ayurvedic, Homeopathic and Uunani dispensaries in Old Delhi area.
He was accompanied by senior officials of several departments.
Besides, in view of monsoon season, he also emphasised on desilting of all drains.
With a rise in the number of stray dogs in the area, he directed the department concerned to sterilise them to contain their population, the NDMC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools