NDMC sets up 24x7 call centre
New Delhi: In a bid to improve grievance redressal system in areas under its jurisdiction, the New Delhi Municipal Council has started a 24x7 call centre to address the concerns of citizens.
The call centre, whose services will be available both in Hindi and English, will handle customer queries and complaints as well as feedback regarding issues in the NDMC area.
The step has been taken after studying the feedback of people over a period of time, NDMC Chairperson Jalaj Srivastava said, adding, the facility is in addition to the existing online grievance redressal system.
The call centre will be accessible with a four-digit number which will be released soon by the civic body.
"Each call will be tagged in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, and acknowledgement and responses will be made through email, phone and SMS", Srivastava said.
According to Srivastava, there will be a log record of all telephone calls, mails and SMS for follow up.
"If complaints are not handled in a time bound manner, citizens will have the right to approach senior officers, going all the way to the chairperson", he said.
The NDMC will also maintain an extensive consolidated report mentioning the total number of complaints and the nature of response.
The setting up of the call centre comes almost a week after Srivastava announced the plan at an interaction organised by the FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) in the capital.
Among the future plans of the NDMC are the integration of existing system with mobile based applications, integration of CRM with billing and house tax system, and integration of customer care numbers with Help Line Number.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town