Nitin Gadkari alleges AAP-Congress deal, Arvind Kejriwal denies
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Spilling the beans, former Bharatiya Janata Party national president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday said a prominent industrialist brokered a deal between Congress and Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal at a hotel to "stop BJP at any cost" from coming to power in Delhi.
Gadkari`s statement came hours after Kejriwal, the anti-corruption campaigner and champion of people`s rights, became Delhi state`s new chief minister. Training his guns at AAP, Gadkari also termed it as a "right-wing Maoist party" which wants to "destroy" the democratic system.
This deal, he added, was also aimed at derailing the appeal of Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"One of the big industrialists of our country helped make a deal between Arvind Kejriwal and some senior Congress leaders at a big hotel in Delhi.I was personally told about what talks had transpired in that hotel and what all was eaten by the same person."
"The person who was working as the mediator told me that the policy being made is that BJP has to be stopped at any cost," Gadkari claimed.
Gadkari also asserted that Modi will become the country`s PM and Dr Harsh Vardhan will become Delhi`s Chief Minister.
This is the government of Congress and we will fight tackle them with full force, added Gadkari.
Kejriwal has rubbished Gadkari`s allegations of a deal with Congress in a hotel.
"It is very unfortunate that a senior leader is making such unfounded allegations," Kejriwal told the media. "There is no truth in (what he has said)."
Reacting to Gadkari`s allegation, Congress` Delhi in-charge Shakeel Ahmed said the BJP`s election in-charge for the national capital should first inform the reason behind his removal from the post of party president and then talk about other deals and fixing.
Meanwhile, Dilip Pandey, AAP`s Delhi official, also rejected Gadkari`s allegation, saying there is “nothing new in this, all of this is old rhetoric” of the BJP.
Dr Harsh Vardhan, who was the Bharatiya Janata Party`s chief ministerial candidate for Delhi, backed Gadkari, saying that if the former party president has made some allegation, then it would have some substance in it. “He (Gadkari) is a senior and responsible leader of the party,” added Harsh Vardhan.
The likes of BJP and Nitin Gadkari are involved in match-fixing, added Ahmed.
History was made when Kejriwal took oath as Delhi`s seventh chief minister at the Ramlila Maidan, watched by tens of thousands of excited supporters and on live television around the country.
It is a minority government in Delhi since the AAP won only 28 seats in the 70-member Assembly and depends on the backing of the eight legislators of the Congress, which was voted out after 15 years of uninterrupted rule.
The Bharatiya Janata Party, which despite being the largest single party refused to form a government, will be the main opposition with 31 members.
The Congress said it is supporting AAP so it can fulfil its poll promises, and has clarified it will continue to prop up the AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India