Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to attend sister`s engagement
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday
granted five-hour parole to Vishal Yadav, who is serving life
sentence for killing Nitish Katara, to attend his sister`s
engagement ceremony on December 26.
A division bench of Justices Anil Kumar and Vipin Sanghi
said Vishal will attend the function from 5.00 pm to 10.00 in the
presence of Delhi and UP police sleuths.
The bench fixed January 7 for hearing Vishal`s bail plea
to attend his sister`s marriage functions, scheduled in
On December 18, Vishal filed a petition before the High
Court for interim bail, seeking permission to perform his
sister, Sarika` marriage rituals.
Citing itineraries for the functions, Vishal said the
engagement ceremony will be held on December 26, the marriage
is scheduled for January 20 and the next day the Gurudwara
wedding is scheduled to take place, besides the reception
which is fixed for January 25, 2010.
Vishal, along with cousin Vikas, has been sentenced to
life imprisonment by a trial court in May last year for
killing Nitish Katara, son of a former IAS officer, in
February 2002 as they were against Katara`s intimacy with
their sister, Bharati Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation