No breakthrough in Delhi teenager`s murder case
New Delhi: There has been no breakthrough in the murder of a 17-year-old girl who was found killed in Delhi on the New Year`s day, police said Monday.
"The investigation is going on," a police official said after Jennifer was found murdered in Dwarka in southwest Delhi Saturday.
She resided with her brother in the servants quarters of the Lady Hardinge Hospital in New Delhi area and went out for a New Year party Friday.
"We have detained four suspects from the locality where the victim resided," Sharad Aggarwal, deputy commissioner of police for southwest, told a news agency.
The four who have been detained went missing soon after the incident. "We are questioning them," Aggarwal said.
According to police, Jennifer was first strangled with her pair of jeans and then her face was smashed with a stone to make identification difficult.
Police claim there were no injuries on Jennifer`s private parts and it was yet to be established if she was raped.
"The preliminary medical reports state that the girl had sexual intercourse prior to her murder but there were no injuries on her private parts. We are investigating the case from all possible angles. We cannot confirm this to be a rape as of now. We are trying to gather leads in the case," Aggarwal said.
He said they were awaiting the post-mortem examination report.
Another police official said Jennifer told her brother at around 5.30 pm on Friday that she was going out with her friends to a party.
The body was discovered by a passer-by around 3.30 pm on Saturday in Dwarka area, and he immediately informed the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof