No contamination in DJB water: Delhi govt
New Delhi: In the wake of reports that the water supplied by DJB is contaminated, Delhi government on Thursday said no contamination has been found in the drinking water being supplied by the agency.
"DJB regularly lifts the samples of water for thoroughly checking them in well-equipped scientific laboratories. As per results, the contamination has been found only in one to two per cent samples," said a Delhi government statement.
A survey by MCD has found that a large number of samples were found "unfit" for drinking.
"Immediate action has been initiated to take corrective measures and to verify the unilateral reports obtained by the Municipal Corporation," the statement said
The government said quality control unit of DJB on an average collects 300 to 400 water samples daily from various locations across the city.
"The percentage of unsatisfactory water samples ranges between one to two per cent only, which is well within the permissible limit of five percent as per the World Health Organization (WHO) norms," the statement said.
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan