Noida chairman holds review meeting
Noida: Noida Chairman Rakesh Bahadur on Thursday held a review meeting at Authority office and said project engineers would be held responsible for any ill-maintained areas in their jurisdiction.
"From 8 AM till 12 PM, project engineers (PE) should visit the area and issue directions to keep the area clean. PEs would be responsible for any ill-maintained areas in their jurisdiction," the chairman said.
Horticulture, engineering, civil works, electrical and public health department officers attended the meeting and briefed the chairman about the ongoing work in their areas.
The chairman expressed displeasure at the pace of work and said, "visit of the areas by senior officers, and residents` complaints bely the officers claim of doing work properly."
He said potholes on road should be regularly repaired and directed officers to provide internal level surveillance on Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.
He also directed redevelopment of sector 18 and Atta market and asked the officers to prepare the redevelopment plan in consultation with experts.
Bahadur told the PEs and other officers that he will conduct review meeting after September 10 and take action against officers in whose area work was not found to progress at desired pace.
Chief Executive Officer Sanjiv Saran was also present at the review meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf