Noida chairman holds review meeting
Noida: Noida Chairman Rakesh Bahadur on Thursday held a review meeting at Authority office and said project engineers would be held responsible for any ill-maintained areas in their jurisdiction.
"From 8 AM till 12 PM, project engineers (PE) should visit the area and issue directions to keep the area clean. PEs would be responsible for any ill-maintained areas in their jurisdiction," the chairman said.
Horticulture, engineering, civil works, electrical and public health department officers attended the meeting and briefed the chairman about the ongoing work in their areas.
The chairman expressed displeasure at the pace of work and said, "visit of the areas by senior officers, and residents` complaints bely the officers claim of doing work properly."
He said potholes on road should be regularly repaired and directed officers to provide internal level surveillance on Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.
He also directed redevelopment of sector 18 and Atta market and asked the officers to prepare the redevelopment plan in consultation with experts.
Bahadur told the PEs and other officers that he will conduct review meeting after September 10 and take action against officers in whose area work was not found to progress at desired pace.
Chief Executive Officer Sanjiv Saran was also present at the review meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack