One arrested in Rohini double murder case
New Delhi: With the arrest of a person, Delhi Police on Friday claimed to have cracked a case of double murder and robbery within 12 hours.
35-year-old Yasmeen Ali and her daughter Sofiya (5) were found murdered yesterday at their residence in Rohini.
Nadeem Ahmad was arrested by Vijay Vihar Police from J J Colony area in the double murder case, according to a police statement.
A motorcycle used in the crime, cash worth Rs 1.25 lakh, a mobile phone and a blood stained knife has also been recovered from the person by the police.
Nadeem, who had worked with the victim`s husband, was in the need of money. To fulfil his needs, he allegedly killed Yasmeen and her daughter and robbed Rs 1.25 lakh and a mobile phone from her house.
During the course of investigation, police team learnt that Nadeem was seen in the locality at the time of the incident and subsequently apprehended him from his house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister