Pak national escapes from Lampur detention centre
New Delhi: A Pakistani national, who was lodged in Lampur detention centre here, has escaped from the facility, police said on Thursday.
Haider Ali, 22, claimed to be a Pakistani national, fled from the facility in Outer Delhi last night, they said.
Ali was detained in Jammu and Kashmir under the Public Safety Act and shifted to Lampur detention centre as there was no such facility in the state, they said.
The inmate was to be deported, but he managed to escape from the centre last night, they said.
A senior police official said investigations are on to ascertain how Ali escaped from the detention centre.
A case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog