Pak national escapes from Lampur detention centre
New Delhi: A Pakistani national, who was lodged in Lampur detention centre here, has escaped from the facility, police said on Thursday.
Haider Ali, 22, claimed to be a Pakistani national, fled from the facility in Outer Delhi last night, they said.
Ali was detained in Jammu and Kashmir under the Public Safety Act and shifted to Lampur detention centre as there was no such facility in the state, they said.
The inmate was to be deported, but he managed to escape from the centre last night, they said.
A senior police official said investigations are on to ascertain how Ali escaped from the detention centre.
A case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed