Pak national escapes from Lampur detention centre
New Delhi: A Pakistani national, who was lodged in Lampur detention centre here, has escaped from the facility, police said on Thursday.
Haider Ali, 22, claimed to be a Pakistani national, fled from the facility in Outer Delhi last night, they said.
Ali was detained in Jammu and Kashmir under the Public Safety Act and shifted to Lampur detention centre as there was no such facility in the state, they said.
The inmate was to be deported, but he managed to escape from the centre last night, they said.
A senior police official said investigations are on to ascertain how Ali escaped from the detention centre.
A case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi