Pak national escapes from Lampur detention centre
New Delhi: A Pakistani national, who was lodged in Lampur detention centre here, has escaped from the facility, police said on Thursday.
Haider Ali, 22, claimed to be a Pakistani national, fled from the facility in Outer Delhi last night, they said.
Ali was detained in Jammu and Kashmir under the Public Safety Act and shifted to Lampur detention centre as there was no such facility in the state, they said.
The inmate was to be deported, but he managed to escape from the centre last night, they said.
A senior police official said investigations are on to ascertain how Ali escaped from the detention centre.
A case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened