Pappu Yadav`s 2 weeks bail plea Grants by SC
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday granted two weeks to the Centre and the CBI to file their response on the bail plea of former RJD MP Pappu Yadav in the Ajit Sarkar murder case.
A bench of justices Altamas Kabir and S S Nijjar granted the time after Additional Solicitor General Harin Rawal sought time from the court to file its response after verifying Yadav`s plea for bail on medical grounds.
Yadav is serving life imprisonment for killing Sarkar, who was a CPI-M MLA.
He approached the apex court challenging a Patna High Court order which had rejected his plea for bail.
Former high court judge and senior advocate R S Sodhi, appearing for Yadav, pleaded that the court should grant him bail, saying that he is sick and needed medical help.
Sarkar was gunned down in June 1998 in Purnia in Bihar and Yadav was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment on February 14, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday