Pappu Yadav`s 2 weeks bail plea Grants by SC
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday granted two weeks to the Centre and the CBI to file their response on the bail plea of former RJD MP Pappu Yadav in the Ajit Sarkar murder case.
A bench of justices Altamas Kabir and S S Nijjar granted the time after Additional Solicitor General Harin Rawal sought time from the court to file its response after verifying Yadav`s plea for bail on medical grounds.
Yadav is serving life imprisonment for killing Sarkar, who was a CPI-M MLA.
He approached the apex court challenging a Patna High Court order which had rejected his plea for bail.
Former high court judge and senior advocate R S Sodhi, appearing for Yadav, pleaded that the court should grant him bail, saying that he is sick and needed medical help.
Sarkar was gunned down in June 1998 in Purnia in Bihar and Yadav was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment on February 14, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!