Par panel slams Aviation Ministry, DGCA for fake pilot licence
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of pilots
faking documents to get flying licences, a parliamentary
committee has slammed the Civil Aviation Ministry and the
Directorate General of Civil Aviation for a "very weak"
in-house supervisory and vigilance system to check the menace.
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Transport, which
also covers civil aviation, has recommended creation of a
separate body for keeping a strict vigil "so that such
instances do not recur at all."
The Sitaram Yechuri-led Committee also expressed
"surprise" that the Directorate of Licensing responsible for
issuing licenses to airline pilots was working with just four
Group A officers against the sanctioned strength of 26
The Civil Aviation Ministry did not accept the charges of
corruption when the issue was placed before it by the
"The Committee finds that the recent instances of
corruption being reported in the media about issuance of
licenses to pilots on the basis of fake documents, without
clearing requisite tests, amply proves the existence of
criminal connivance between the officers of the DGCA, flight
training institutes and flight instructors with touts.
"That such a thing was going on within the DGCA shows that
its in-house supervisory and vigilance system was very weak,"
the report said.
The Committee has recommended that the entire licensing
system of DGCA needed streamlining. It said the system should
also be made transparent by making it available in the public
"The corruption of all forms should be eliminated from the
functioning of DGCA and its various offices. There should be a
separate body - either a directorate in DGCA or an outside
agency - for keeping strict vigil in this regard so that such
instances do not recur," the report said.
A total of 15 people, including five pilots and three DGCA
officials, have been arrested in Delhi and Jaipur since March
seven after the fake pilot scam was unearthed by the DGCA.
They were arrested on charges of using forged mark-sheets,
fudged flying hours and related documents to procure flying
licenses from the DGCA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015