Photos of suspects released in ATM cash theft case
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Saturday released
the photographs of a gunman and driver of a private security
agency, who fled with around Rs 68.5 lakh in a cash van.
Security guard Ram Kumar and the gunman Sanjeev Kumar
had fled with the cash van in Alaknanda in Southeast Delhi
"We have released the photographs of the two men who
fled with the cash," a senior police official said.
The incident took place in Alaknanda and the accused
even managed to disconnect the Global Positioning System
installed inside the van. The accused worked for Scientific
Security Management Private Limited.
Ram, a resident of Mahipalpur, and Sanjeev, resident
of Kotla Mubarakpur, were waiting outside the HDFC Bank ATM in
the market at around 3.15 PM when the custodians Rajesh and
Suresh went to the ATM to deposit some cash.
After waiting for sometime, Sanjeev handed over his
gun to the ATM guard and told him that he and his colleague
will come after having lunch. "However, they never came back,"
Police have formed a team to nab the accused and
investigate the incident. The police said that the company
employed the two last year in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!