Police arrest man for killing old woman, her granddaughter
New Delhi: Delhi police have arrested a
man, who along with his brother, allegedly strangled a
60-year-old woman and her minor granddaughter after the
elderly woman asked him to repay the loan he had taken from
Dinesh Sharma, 37, who hails from Karawal Nagar here,
was arrested from a community centre at Karkardooma on April
9, police said on Sunday.
The cops at Anand Vihar police station, on receiving a
tip off that Dinesh would visit the area, laid a trap and
Dinesh and his brother Vicky had visited the residence
of their distant relative and victim Krishna Devi, 60, at
Nihal Vihar in west Delhi on the evening of April 02, the FIR
The accused, a DU graduate who had taken a business
loan from Krishna Devi, had stayed at her residence on the
fateful night, it said.
Perturbed over consistent demand to repay the loan,
the accused demanded the loan documents from her after her two
granddaughters had gone to bed, police said.
On being resisted, the accused in collusion with his
brother strangled Krishna Devi and one of her granddaughters,
who woke up due to the scuffle, they said.
However, another 9-year-old granddaughter, who fled
from the clutches of the accused, later narrated the incident
to the police.
Both the accused later ran away and were evading
arrest, police said adding that searches were on to arrest the
elusive brother of Dinesh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India