Police arrest man for killing old woman, her granddaughter
New Delhi: Delhi police have arrested a
man, who along with his brother, allegedly strangled a
60-year-old woman and her minor granddaughter after the
elderly woman asked him to repay the loan he had taken from
Dinesh Sharma, 37, who hails from Karawal Nagar here,
was arrested from a community centre at Karkardooma on April
9, police said on Sunday.
The cops at Anand Vihar police station, on receiving a
tip off that Dinesh would visit the area, laid a trap and
Dinesh and his brother Vicky had visited the residence
of their distant relative and victim Krishna Devi, 60, at
Nihal Vihar in west Delhi on the evening of April 02, the FIR
The accused, a DU graduate who had taken a business
loan from Krishna Devi, had stayed at her residence on the
fateful night, it said.
Perturbed over consistent demand to repay the loan,
the accused demanded the loan documents from her after her two
granddaughters had gone to bed, police said.
On being resisted, the accused in collusion with his
brother strangled Krishna Devi and one of her granddaughters,
who woke up due to the scuffle, they said.
However, another 9-year-old granddaughter, who fled
from the clutches of the accused, later narrated the incident
to the police.
Both the accused later ran away and were evading
arrest, police said adding that searches were on to arrest the
elusive brother of Dinesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!