Police, paramilitary bands to liven up India Gate this Sunday
New Delhi: Top police and paramilitary bands of the country will enthral the public this Sunday as they play some of the choicest martial music at India Gate.
The bands, including brass, pipes and buglers, are coming down to the national capital from various parts of the country as part of the `All India Police band competition` organised by the border guarding BSF here.
Union Home Secretary R K Singh will inaugurate the competition on October 7 at India Gate after which the contest will be conducted at a BSF camp in south Delhi.
"General public is invited to enjoy the melodious music at 1630 hours at India Gate on the coming Sunday while the closing ceremony will be held on October 11 at the same place in the evening hours," a senior BSF official said.
The bands will play some of the finest and popular patriotic, film and military tunes, he said.
13 bands from state police forces and seven from the central paramilitary organisations are participating in the event which is held annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Korean Air evacuates plane at Japan's Haneda airport after engine smoke
- Google beats Oracle in $9 billion Android trial
- Google triumphs over Oracle in copyright case
- Madhya Pradesh IAS officer transferred for 'praising' Nehru on Facebook? Congress to stage protests
- Supreme Court refuses to stay NEET ordinance, says it will create confusion