Police yet to arrest attacker who slashed girl in toilet
New Delhi: Delhi Police is yet to arrest the person who attacked a girl in a public toilet here slitting her throat and inflicting other injuries even as doctors are yet to confirm whether she was sexually assaulted.
Police had earlier detained 22 people in connection with the incident which took place two days ago but no one involved in the incident has been arrested.
"We are investigating the matter," a senior police official said adding they were also probing whether any minor was involved in the incident.
The girl was attacked in a public toilet in south-east Delhi`s Gautampuri on Friday and police are awaiting a medical report to ascertain whether she was sexually assaulted.
Doctors at the AIIMS Trauma Centre where she is being treated said the victim, whose throat was slit, was stable and was having semi-solid food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next