Police yet to arrest attacker who slashed girl in toilet
New Delhi: Delhi Police is yet to arrest the person who attacked a girl in a public toilet here slitting her throat and inflicting other injuries even as doctors are yet to confirm whether she was sexually assaulted.
Police had earlier detained 22 people in connection with the incident which took place two days ago but no one involved in the incident has been arrested.
"We are investigating the matter," a senior police official said adding they were also probing whether any minor was involved in the incident.
The girl was attacked in a public toilet in south-east Delhi`s Gautampuri on Friday and police are awaiting a medical report to ascertain whether she was sexually assaulted.
Doctors at the AIIMS Trauma Centre where she is being treated said the victim, whose throat was slit, was stable and was having semi-solid food.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem