`Positive change in attitude seen towards rape cases`
Ballia (UP): The father of the Delhi gang-rape victim said his family is still in a state of shock over their loss, but expressed satisfaction with the positive change in attitude towards such incidents in the country.
Some changes have been noticed within a month of the incident. Earlier rape cases were hushed up, but now police and other officials have shown sensitivity towards such incidents.
Media was also highlighting such incidents, he said.
"Often reports were not lodged in rape cases previously, but now action is being taken against criminal elements...," he said.
He said his family was happy with the government`s decision to transfer his daughter`s case to a fast-track court as this would facilitate hearing on a daily basis.
The victim`s father hoped that all the five accused would get capital punishment for their heinous crime. He said he would seek harsh punishment for the juvenile accused.
The family, who had come to their village to perform rituals, returned to Delhi today.
Meanwhile, a doctor from Mauritius R P N Singh visited the family and assured to bear educational expenses of the girl`s younger brother who aspires to become a doctor.
The 23-year-old girl was gang-raped and assaulted by six men in a moving bus on December 16. She later passed away in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case