`Positive change in attitude seen towards rape cases`
Ballia (UP): The father of the Delhi gang-rape victim said his family is still in a state of shock over their loss, but expressed satisfaction with the positive change in attitude towards such incidents in the country.
Some changes have been noticed within a month of the incident. Earlier rape cases were hushed up, but now police and other officials have shown sensitivity towards such incidents.
Media was also highlighting such incidents, he said.
"Often reports were not lodged in rape cases previously, but now action is being taken against criminal elements...," he said.
He said his family was happy with the government`s decision to transfer his daughter`s case to a fast-track court as this would facilitate hearing on a daily basis.
The victim`s father hoped that all the five accused would get capital punishment for their heinous crime. He said he would seek harsh punishment for the juvenile accused.
The family, who had come to their village to perform rituals, returned to Delhi today.
Meanwhile, a doctor from Mauritius R P N Singh visited the family and assured to bear educational expenses of the girl`s younger brother who aspires to become a doctor.
The 23-year-old girl was gang-raped and assaulted by six men in a moving bus on December 16. She later passed away in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened