`Positive change in attitude seen towards rape cases`
Ballia (UP): The father of the Delhi gang-rape victim said his family is still in a state of shock over their loss, but expressed satisfaction with the positive change in attitude towards such incidents in the country.
Some changes have been noticed within a month of the incident. Earlier rape cases were hushed up, but now police and other officials have shown sensitivity towards such incidents.
Media was also highlighting such incidents, he said.
"Often reports were not lodged in rape cases previously, but now action is being taken against criminal elements...," he said.
He said his family was happy with the government`s decision to transfer his daughter`s case to a fast-track court as this would facilitate hearing on a daily basis.
The victim`s father hoped that all the five accused would get capital punishment for their heinous crime. He said he would seek harsh punishment for the juvenile accused.
The family, who had come to their village to perform rituals, returned to Delhi today.
Meanwhile, a doctor from Mauritius R P N Singh visited the family and assured to bear educational expenses of the girl`s younger brother who aspires to become a doctor.
The 23-year-old girl was gang-raped and assaulted by six men in a moving bus on December 16. She later passed away in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened