Power outage in several parts of Delhi
New Delhi: Several areas in the city on Friday faced outages for varying duration as power supply from NTPC`s Dadri station in Uttar Pradesh was cut by nearly 500 mega watt due to technical glitches.
Sources said the city stopped getting 490 mega watt of power from Dadri power plant since last night.
They said the city did not get 90 mega watt of power from BTPS plant in Badarpur also due to some technical problems.
The cut in supply to Delhi has triggered power cuts for up to four hours in various areas in the city.
"There was no power in our area for four hours," said a resident in Khajurikhas area of North East Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company