Power outage in several parts of Delhi
New Delhi: Several areas in the city on Friday faced outages for varying duration as power supply from NTPC`s Dadri station in Uttar Pradesh was cut by nearly 500 mega watt due to technical glitches.
Sources said the city stopped getting 490 mega watt of power from Dadri power plant since last night.
They said the city did not get 90 mega watt of power from BTPS plant in Badarpur also due to some technical problems.
The cut in supply to Delhi has triggered power cuts for up to four hours in various areas in the city.
"There was no power in our area for four hours," said a resident in Khajurikhas area of North East Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman