Power outage in several parts of Delhi
New Delhi: Several areas in the city on Friday faced outages for varying duration as power supply from NTPC`s Dadri station in Uttar Pradesh was cut by nearly 500 mega watt due to technical glitches.
Sources said the city stopped getting 490 mega watt of power from Dadri power plant since last night.
They said the city did not get 90 mega watt of power from BTPS plant in Badarpur also due to some technical problems.
The cut in supply to Delhi has triggered power cuts for up to four hours in various areas in the city.
"There was no power in our area for four hours," said a resident in Khajurikhas area of North East Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees