Power outage in several parts of Delhi
New Delhi: Several areas in the city on Friday faced outages for varying duration as power supply from NTPC`s Dadri station in Uttar Pradesh was cut by nearly 500 mega watt due to technical glitches.
Sources said the city stopped getting 490 mega watt of power from Dadri power plant since last night.
They said the city did not get 90 mega watt of power from BTPS plant in Badarpur also due to some technical problems.
The cut in supply to Delhi has triggered power cuts for up to four hours in various areas in the city.
"There was no power in our area for four hours," said a resident in Khajurikhas area of North East Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars