Power outage in several parts of Delhi
New Delhi: Several areas in the city on Friday faced outages for varying duration as power supply from NTPC`s Dadri station in Uttar Pradesh was cut by nearly 500 mega watt due to technical glitches.
Sources said the city stopped getting 490 mega watt of power from Dadri power plant since last night.
They said the city did not get 90 mega watt of power from BTPS plant in Badarpur also due to some technical problems.
The cut in supply to Delhi has triggered power cuts for up to four hours in various areas in the city.
"There was no power in our area for four hours," said a resident in Khajurikhas area of North East Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him