Pune bomb blasts: Security enhanced in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi was put on heightened vigil on Wednesday night with deployment of armed police personnel across the city in the wake of the bomb blasts in Pune.
Roads were barricaded and vehicles checked while security was strengthened at vital installations like Parliament and other key buildings.
Police also strengthened security at Jantar Mantar where Anna Hazare and his team are on an indefinite fast following the explosions in Pune. A bomb disposal squad conducted searches at the protest venue, a senior police official said.
Around 100 more police personnel were rushed to the venue late in the night. Police closed two of the three entry points to the venue as a precautionary measure.
Roads near Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s official residence were also barricaded.
More personnel were also deployed near India Gate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read