Pune bomb blasts: Security enhanced in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi was put on heightened vigil on Wednesday night with deployment of armed police personnel across the city in the wake of the bomb blasts in Pune.
Roads were barricaded and vehicles checked while security was strengthened at vital installations like Parliament and other key buildings.
Police also strengthened security at Jantar Mantar where Anna Hazare and his team are on an indefinite fast following the explosions in Pune. A bomb disposal squad conducted searches at the protest venue, a senior police official said.
Around 100 more police personnel were rushed to the venue late in the night. Police closed two of the three entry points to the venue as a precautionary measure.
Roads near Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s official residence were also barricaded.
More personnel were also deployed near India Gate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter