Rahul could have used `some other words`: Sheila on ordinance
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has said Rahul Gandhi could have used "some other words" to criticise the ordinance on convicted law makers.
Dikshit stated this during a programme on India TV when she was asked about Rahul`s criticism of the Prime Minister and the Cabinet that the ordinance was "complete nonsense".
"You can say this that may be some other words could have been used but what he (Rahul) reflected was something all of us were feeling," she said.
Forced by Rahul`s open trashing of the government, the Union Cabinet had on Wednesday decided to withdraw the controversial ordinance on convicted lawmakers as well as a related bill in the face of mounting public opinion against the measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region