Rahul could have used `some other words`: Sheila on ordinance
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has said Rahul Gandhi could have used "some other words" to criticise the ordinance on convicted law makers.
Dikshit stated this during a programme on India TV when she was asked about Rahul`s criticism of the Prime Minister and the Cabinet that the ordinance was "complete nonsense".
"You can say this that may be some other words could have been used but what he (Rahul) reflected was something all of us were feeling," she said.
Forced by Rahul`s open trashing of the government, the Union Cabinet had on Wednesday decided to withdraw the controversial ordinance on convicted lawmakers as well as a related bill in the face of mounting public opinion against the measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy