Rasthrapati Bhawan observes Earth Hour
New Delhi: The Rashtrapati Bhawan saved a
total of 550 units as President Pratibha Patil and the House
staff observed the Earth hour by switching off lights of the
Patil also turned off the lights and instead used candles
in her study and dining hall in order to save power to mark
the Earth Hour which is being observed across the globe for an
hour from 2030 hours, a Rashtrapati Bhawan spokesperson said.
A total of 550 units were saved during the one hour event,
the spokesperson added.
For the last few years, the Rashtrapati Bhawan has been
following the practice aimed at increasing awareness about
conservation and harnessing of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Barack Obama lays wreath at Hiroshima Memorial, says death fell from the sky and the world changed
- North Korea slams Obama's 'childish' Hiroshima visit
- 'Trying to take railways out of ICU': Suresh Prabhu
- Three injured in clash in Gujarat village
- Won't be deterred by Centre using CBI to target me: Rawat