Rasthrapati Bhawan observes Earth Hour
New Delhi: The Rashtrapati Bhawan saved a
total of 550 units as President Pratibha Patil and the House
staff observed the Earth hour by switching off lights of the
Patil also turned off the lights and instead used candles
in her study and dining hall in order to save power to mark
the Earth Hour which is being observed across the globe for an
hour from 2030 hours, a Rashtrapati Bhawan spokesperson said.
A total of 550 units were saved during the one hour event,
the spokesperson added.
For the last few years, the Rashtrapati Bhawan has been
following the practice aimed at increasing awareness about
conservation and harnessing of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31