Rasthrapati Bhawan observes Earth Hour
New Delhi: The Rashtrapati Bhawan saved a
total of 550 units as President Pratibha Patil and the House
staff observed the Earth hour by switching off lights of the
Patil also turned off the lights and instead used candles
in her study and dining hall in order to save power to mark
the Earth Hour which is being observed across the globe for an
hour from 2030 hours, a Rashtrapati Bhawan spokesperson said.
A total of 550 units were saved during the one hour event,
the spokesperson added.
For the last few years, the Rashtrapati Bhawan has been
following the practice aimed at increasing awareness about
conservation and harnessing of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him