Rasthrapati Bhawan observes Earth Hour
New Delhi: The Rashtrapati Bhawan saved a
total of 550 units as President Pratibha Patil and the House
staff observed the Earth hour by switching off lights of the
Patil also turned off the lights and instead used candles
in her study and dining hall in order to save power to mark
the Earth Hour which is being observed across the globe for an
hour from 2030 hours, a Rashtrapati Bhawan spokesperson said.
A total of 550 units were saved during the one hour event,
the spokesperson added.
For the last few years, the Rashtrapati Bhawan has been
following the practice aimed at increasing awareness about
conservation and harnessing of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi