Regularisation announcement, a poll stunt: BJP
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Tuesday dubbed as "election stunt" the recent announcement of Delhi government to regularise 205 unauthorised colonies.
It also alleged that the government was trying to mislead people ahead of the Assembly polls due later in the year.
BJP Delhi President Vijender Gupta asked the Chief Minister to explain what happened to her announcement of regularising 895 colonies six months ago.
Delhi Cabinet on Saturday had approved the regularisation of colonies which were given provisional regularisation certificates in 2008. Most of these 205 colonies have come up partly on forest land or land belonging to Archaeological Survey of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state