Regularisation announcement, a poll stunt: BJP
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Tuesday dubbed as "election stunt" the recent announcement of Delhi government to regularise 205 unauthorised colonies.
It also alleged that the government was trying to mislead people ahead of the Assembly polls due later in the year.
BJP Delhi President Vijender Gupta asked the Chief Minister to explain what happened to her announcement of regularising 895 colonies six months ago.
Delhi Cabinet on Saturday had approved the regularisation of colonies which were given provisional regularisation certificates in 2008. Most of these 205 colonies have come up partly on forest land or land belonging to Archaeological Survey of India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended