Searing heat wave hits normal life in Delhi
New Delhi: The national capital continued to bore the brunt of heat wave with mercury settling at 45 degree Celsius on Friday, and the weathermen have predicted no respite from scorching heat in days to come.
The day temperature was recorded five notches above normal level at 45 deg C, slightly down from Thursday`s 45.7 deg C which was the highest for the month of May in a decade.
The minimum temperature was registered at 29.5 deg C which was three notches above normal and 1.9 degree below from yesterday`s 31.4 deg C.
Humidity level hovered between 45 and 22 per cent.
According to an Indian Meteorological Department official, there would be no respite from the heat wave conditions.
Met have predicted a clear sky for tomorrow and the maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to remain at 45 and 31 degrees Celsius respectively.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2
- When Subramanian Swamy provoked Congress leaders with 'Italian Constitution' jibe
- Meldonium count in Maria Sharapova's blood sample exceeds permissible levels: Russian Sports Minister
- Honda Cars expects sales to grow in double digits in 2016-17