Searing heat wave hits normal life in Delhi
New Delhi: The national capital continued to bore the brunt of heat wave with mercury settling at 45 degree Celsius on Friday, and the weathermen have predicted no respite from scorching heat in days to come.
The day temperature was recorded five notches above normal level at 45 deg C, slightly down from Thursday`s 45.7 deg C which was the highest for the month of May in a decade.
The minimum temperature was registered at 29.5 deg C which was three notches above normal and 1.9 degree below from yesterday`s 31.4 deg C.
Humidity level hovered between 45 and 22 per cent.
According to an Indian Meteorological Department official, there would be no respite from the heat wave conditions.
Met have predicted a clear sky for tomorrow and the maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to remain at 45 and 31 degrees Celsius respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical