Security of Pakistani inmates in Tihar beefed up
New Delhi: The vigil has been stepped up in Tihar Jail to pre-empt any attack on Pakistani inmates in the wake of the brutal assault on Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail.
"Jail superintendents have been asked to keep a strict vigil on other inmates so that no one can hurt Pakistani inmates," a senior jail official said.
According to jail officials, 16 Pakistanis are lodged in Tihar`s nine sub-jails.
Sarabjit was admitted to Lahore`s Jinnah hospital after being assaulted by fellow prisoners in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat prison on Friday. Doctors said that he was in a coma and his condition was "critical".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?