Security of Pakistani inmates in Tihar beefed up
New Delhi: The vigil has been stepped up in Tihar Jail to pre-empt any attack on Pakistani inmates in the wake of the brutal assault on Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail.
"Jail superintendents have been asked to keep a strict vigil on other inmates so that no one can hurt Pakistani inmates," a senior jail official said.
According to jail officials, 16 Pakistanis are lodged in Tihar`s nine sub-jails.
Sarabjit was admitted to Lahore`s Jinnah hospital after being assaulted by fellow prisoners in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat prison on Friday. Doctors said that he was in a coma and his condition was "critical".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender