Security of Pakistani inmates in Tihar beefed up
New Delhi: The vigil has been stepped up in Tihar Jail to pre-empt any attack on Pakistani inmates in the wake of the brutal assault on Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail.
"Jail superintendents have been asked to keep a strict vigil on other inmates so that no one can hurt Pakistani inmates," a senior jail official said.
According to jail officials, 16 Pakistanis are lodged in Tihar`s nine sub-jails.
Sarabjit was admitted to Lahore`s Jinnah hospital after being assaulted by fellow prisoners in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat prison on Friday. Doctors said that he was in a coma and his condition was "critical".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing