Security of Pakistani inmates in Tihar beefed up
New Delhi: The vigil has been stepped up in Tihar Jail to pre-empt any attack on Pakistani inmates in the wake of the brutal assault on Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani jail.
"Jail superintendents have been asked to keep a strict vigil on other inmates so that no one can hurt Pakistani inmates," a senior jail official said.
According to jail officials, 16 Pakistanis are lodged in Tihar`s nine sub-jails.
Sarabjit was admitted to Lahore`s Jinnah hospital after being assaulted by fellow prisoners in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat prison on Friday. Doctors said that he was in a coma and his condition was "critical".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest