Seven-year-old child raped in Bihar
Patna: A seven-year-old child was raped in Bihar`s Nawada district by a youth, who was later arrested, police said Sunday.
The girl was raped in Nepura village in Nawada Saturday.
"Karku alias Mukhia of the same village was arrested," Saharyar Akhtar, a district police official, told IANS. The medical report has confirmed the rape.
The girl was first admitted at a Nawada hospital and later shifted to Patna Medical College and Hospital here after her condition deteriorated.
In the last 48 hours, at least half a dozen rape cases were reported from across Bihar, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Mali Islamist rebel apologises for destroying shrines
- 3 militants killed in Pakistan
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison