Sex racket; Godman seeks bail for arranging child`s school fee
Controversial self-styled godman
Shiv Murat Dwivedi, who is in jail under stringent MCOCA for
allegedly running a sex racket, today approached a Delhi court
seeking interim bail on the ground that he will have to
arrange for school fees of his daughter.
"All the bank accounts of mine (Dwivedi) have been sealed
and consequently, my daughter, a student of class VIIth, would
be forced to discontinue her studies if the fees are not paid
to the school," Dwivedi, in his bail application, said.
The plea, filed by Dwivedi`s counsel M S Khan, said that
in the interest of justice, he be granted an interim bail for
30 days for enabling him to arrange for the school fees.
Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria, who had earlier
dismissed the bail plea, fixed his fresh application for
The court, meanwhile, sent Dwivedi`s key aide Praveen,
who has recently been arrested under the MCOCA, to judicial
custody till August 18 after he was produced on the conclusion
of his two-day custodial interrogation.
Praveen has so far been quizzed in custody for four days
by the police which had claimed that he was involved along
with Dwivedi in the running of an organised sex racket.
Besides Dwivedi, alias Ichchadhari Sant Swami Bhimanand
Ji Maharaj Chitrakootwale, Praveen is the second accused who
was arrested under Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes
A magisterial court had recently framed charges against
the self-styled godman and six others, including five alleged
call girls, in another case relating to running a sex racket
here. The case was lodged under the Immoral Traffic
The police, which had earlier filed a chargesheet under
Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act against Dwivedi and others,
is yet to complete the probe in the case lodged under MCOCA.
The chargesheet alleged Dwivedi had amassed wealth
running into crores of rupees by running the flesh trade for
over a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow