Sheila Dikshit to be inducted in Union Cabinet?
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been given feelers by the party about a possible induction into the Union Cabinet.
Sources said Dikshit was given feelers a few months ago that she may be given a "new assignment" in the Centre.
Dikshit herself parried questions about feelers given to her maintaining she cannot say anything "till something happens".
The three-time Chief Minister said a final decision on the issue will be taken by Congress President Sonia Gandhi and that she will be happy to follow party`s instructions.
"It is up to the high command to decide. I have no choice if such a decision is taken. There is a buzz that I will be moved to the Centre... I will follow what I am asked to do," Dikshit told a news agency.
The Chief Minister was invited to the Congress Working Committee meeting last month where she was given the responsibility of educating people in the city about benefits of FDI in retail.
Asked about Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s comment on Sonia Gandhi`s medical bills, Dikshit criticised him for making "distasteful" remarks.
"It was very distasteful. In politics one should not make personal attacks. I really found it distasteful," she said.
Addressing a rally at Jesar on Monday, Modi had targeted the Congress President by claiming that Rs 1880 crore has been spent from the public exchequer for her foreign trips. But later he offered to apologise if what he said was wrong.
Asked whether Arvind Kejriwal party will affect Congress in Delhi, she said it was too early to predict.
"It is very difficult to comment on it. It is difficult to prejudge anything. Let his party take shape," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city