`Sheila govt has dampened festive mood by inept handling of price situation`
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: Delhi BJP leader Vijay Goel blamed the Congress government for the rise in prices and said that the mood of the festive season had been dampened due to the inept handling of the situation.
Vijay Goel tweeted today – "It`s due to Congress` mismanagement, prices of essential commodities like onions are being sold at the year`s highest prices across Delhi."
He also tweeted – "The overall production of onions this year has been estimated 10-15% higher than the previous year, yet people are facing shortage."
At the same time the BJP leader blamed the government of Sheila Dikshit for dampening the festive mood of the people by the way they had handled the situation.
"The festival season is around but the Sheila govt has dampened the mood of festivity owing to its inept handling of the price situation," he further tweeted.
Goel added, "For several months, onions are being sold between Rs 70 and Rs 90 in the city."
In Delhi the onions were being sold at Rs 90 per kg. In other parts of the country it was reportedly being sold at around Rs 80 per kg. The prices are said to have been more than doubled in the past four months.
Meanwhile, the Centre is mulling to import onion in order to stabilise prices. Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma said that the government would import if there was a proposal to do so and if there was a requirement, as per reports in a news agency. He also blamed the holders for the escalation in prices.
However, at the same time the Union Minister reassured everyone that there was enough stock of onion in the country and hoped that prices would go down by the end of year when fresh domestic products would arrive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India