Smoggy morning in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi`s skyline was enveloped by a layer of smog Saturday, a day after Diwali as smoke from the firecrackers burnt overnight mixed with the early morning mist.
"The smog will cover the city sky the whole day and it will clear up only by tomorrow (Sunday)," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
With the maximum temperatures dipping over the last couple of days, the met office forecast a chilly Saturday evening.
"The minimum temperature was recorded a notch above average at 15.5 degrees Celsius and the maximum is expected to hover around 29 degrees," added the official.
The humidity levels will waver between a high of 94 percent and a low of 49 percent, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital