Smoggy morning in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi`s skyline was enveloped by a layer of smog Saturday, a day after Diwali as smoke from the firecrackers burnt overnight mixed with the early morning mist.
"The smog will cover the city sky the whole day and it will clear up only by tomorrow (Sunday)," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
With the maximum temperatures dipping over the last couple of days, the met office forecast a chilly Saturday evening.
"The minimum temperature was recorded a notch above average at 15.5 degrees Celsius and the maximum is expected to hover around 29 degrees," added the official.
The humidity levels will waver between a high of 94 percent and a low of 49 percent, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?