Smoggy morning in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi`s skyline was enveloped by a layer of smog Saturday, a day after Diwali as smoke from the firecrackers burnt overnight mixed with the early morning mist.
"The smog will cover the city sky the whole day and it will clear up only by tomorrow (Sunday)," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
With the maximum temperatures dipping over the last couple of days, the met office forecast a chilly Saturday evening.
"The minimum temperature was recorded a notch above average at 15.5 degrees Celsius and the maximum is expected to hover around 29 degrees," added the official.
The humidity levels will waver between a high of 94 percent and a low of 49 percent, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'