Spiritual guru appeals to Muslim groups on Vishwaroopam row
New Delhi: Spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Monday asked the Muslim community not to protest against Vishwaroopam, saying "movies are meant for entertainment and the best thing is to just laugh and let go."
"I will say the best thing is just laugh and let go, smile and let go and just because of some depicting about a community in some bad light or whatever way, people are not going to take it seriously and the communal harmony will never be disturbed," said Shankar.
The movie which was slated to be released on January 25 was stopped from screening in Tamil Nadu after a section of Muslim community objected to it for depicting Muslims in a bad light.
Drawing a parallel from the recent movie "Oh My God" where he alleged that Hindu culture is depicted in a very bad light, Shankar said that he advised against protesting because "protesting and banning a movie only gives them more publicity".
"It (Oh My God) was openly derogratory for worshipping puja style and criticising every aspect of the Hindu culture and there was a big uproar and many organisations, many people, many ashrams wanted to protest. So, whenever you protest, whenever you ban something it gives much more publicity, so let them be, let them say what they want to say, it just dies down," said Shankar.
He further said relations between Hindus and Muslims wouldn`t be affected by this movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar