SSC test paper leak: 3 masterminds sent to CBI custody
New Delhi: The three alleged masterminds, including a Delhi Police sub-inspector, behind leaking the examination papers of the Staff Selection Commission`s Combined Combined Graduate Level Examination, were today sent in CBI custody by a Delhi court.
Nine other accused arrested by CBI, including the candidates who were to appear in the Tier II examination which was scheduled for September 29, and an Income Tax inspector from Mumbai, were remanded in judicial custody till October 17.
Special CBI Judge Pradeep Chaddah remanded Mukesh Mann, an employee of ESIC, Parveen Mann, a Sub-Inspector of Delhi Police and Vikram Singh Mann, in CBI custody after the probe agency said it needed to make more arrests at their instance.
The accused, who have been remanded in judicial custody are Manoj Kumar, Rajneesh and IT inspector Amit Khatri.
The arrested candidates include Jaibir, 25, Somveer Malik, 24, Vikas Lakra, 26, Divas, 20, Rohit Khatri, 26 and two women candidates Preeti, 20 and Ashu Rani, 25.
All the accused have been booked under IPC for cheating, conspiracy and under Prevention of Corruption Act.
CBI had alleged Mukesh, Manoj, Rajnish, Surendra (absconding), Praveen and many others hatched a conspiracy to leak question papers of Combined Graduate Level Examination (Tier II) which was conducted on September 29, get them solved by experts and provide the same to candidates at the examination centre through electronic means in exchange of money.
The Tier I examination was conducted by SSC in April-May this year for shortlisting candidates for Tier II exam which were conducted on September 25 and 29.
CBI had alleged Vikram, Mukesh, Rajneesh, Manoj and Parveen are masterminds.
They had charged Rs 5 lakh from each candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly