SSC test paper leak: 3 masterminds sent to CBI custody
New Delhi: The three alleged masterminds, including a Delhi Police sub-inspector, behind leaking the examination papers of the Staff Selection Commission`s Combined Combined Graduate Level Examination, were today sent in CBI custody by a Delhi court.
Nine other accused arrested by CBI, including the candidates who were to appear in the Tier II examination which was scheduled for September 29, and an Income Tax inspector from Mumbai, were remanded in judicial custody till October 17.
Special CBI Judge Pradeep Chaddah remanded Mukesh Mann, an employee of ESIC, Parveen Mann, a Sub-Inspector of Delhi Police and Vikram Singh Mann, in CBI custody after the probe agency said it needed to make more arrests at their instance.
The accused, who have been remanded in judicial custody are Manoj Kumar, Rajneesh and IT inspector Amit Khatri.
The arrested candidates include Jaibir, 25, Somveer Malik, 24, Vikas Lakra, 26, Divas, 20, Rohit Khatri, 26 and two women candidates Preeti, 20 and Ashu Rani, 25.
All the accused have been booked under IPC for cheating, conspiracy and under Prevention of Corruption Act.
CBI had alleged Mukesh, Manoj, Rajnish, Surendra (absconding), Praveen and many others hatched a conspiracy to leak question papers of Combined Graduate Level Examination (Tier II) which was conducted on September 29, get them solved by experts and provide the same to candidates at the examination centre through electronic means in exchange of money.
The Tier I examination was conducted by SSC in April-May this year for shortlisting candidates for Tier II exam which were conducted on September 25 and 29.
CBI had alleged Vikram, Mukesh, Rajneesh, Manoj and Parveen are masterminds.
They had charged Rs 5 lakh from each candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert