SSC test paper leak: 3 masterminds sent to CBI custody
New Delhi: The three alleged masterminds, including a Delhi Police sub-inspector, behind leaking the examination papers of the Staff Selection Commission`s Combined Combined Graduate Level Examination, were today sent in CBI custody by a Delhi court.
Nine other accused arrested by CBI, including the candidates who were to appear in the Tier II examination which was scheduled for September 29, and an Income Tax inspector from Mumbai, were remanded in judicial custody till October 17.
Special CBI Judge Pradeep Chaddah remanded Mukesh Mann, an employee of ESIC, Parveen Mann, a Sub-Inspector of Delhi Police and Vikram Singh Mann, in CBI custody after the probe agency said it needed to make more arrests at their instance.
The accused, who have been remanded in judicial custody are Manoj Kumar, Rajneesh and IT inspector Amit Khatri.
The arrested candidates include Jaibir, 25, Somveer Malik, 24, Vikas Lakra, 26, Divas, 20, Rohit Khatri, 26 and two women candidates Preeti, 20 and Ashu Rani, 25.
All the accused have been booked under IPC for cheating, conspiracy and under Prevention of Corruption Act.
CBI had alleged Mukesh, Manoj, Rajnish, Surendra (absconding), Praveen and many others hatched a conspiracy to leak question papers of Combined Graduate Level Examination (Tier II) which was conducted on September 29, get them solved by experts and provide the same to candidates at the examination centre through electronic means in exchange of money.
The Tier I examination was conducted by SSC in April-May this year for shortlisting candidates for Tier II exam which were conducted on September 25 and 29.
CBI had alleged Vikram, Mukesh, Rajneesh, Manoj and Parveen are masterminds.
They had charged Rs 5 lakh from each candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says