Streamline delivery mechanism of women welfare schemes: Walia
New Delhi: Ensuring empowerment of the fair
sex has been one of the priorities of Delhi Government, Health
Minister Kiran Walia on Saturday said and asked officials to
streamline the delivery mechanism of women welfare schemes.
Walia was speaking after inaugurating a mental health
unit at the Nirmal Chhaya Complex, which is the care home for
The Minister hoped that the mental health unit will help
the residents of Nirmal Chhaya Complex to become confident and
"Our government has taken many steps to empower the girl
child," she said.
Walia said the government has launched `Ladli` Scheme to
check female foeticide and promote the education of girls by
providing financial incentives for the girl child.
The Nirmal Chhaya complex has 11 institutions for
neglected and destitute children and women.
The Minister took a round of the Home and appreciated
the paintings and handicraft items made by the girls.
She said so far 1,63,115 girls have been registered under
the Ladli scheme and already the positive impact of the
programme on female birth registration in Delhi has been seen.
The Minister said 6,606 Anganwadi centres are
functioning all over the capital in which hot cooked food is
being served to 6,13,164 children and supplementary nutrition
given to 1,19,189 pregnant and lactating mothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH