Streamline delivery mechanism of women welfare schemes: Walia
New Delhi: Ensuring empowerment of the fair
sex has been one of the priorities of Delhi Government, Health
Minister Kiran Walia on Saturday said and asked officials to
streamline the delivery mechanism of women welfare schemes.
Walia was speaking after inaugurating a mental health
unit at the Nirmal Chhaya Complex, which is the care home for
The Minister hoped that the mental health unit will help
the residents of Nirmal Chhaya Complex to become confident and
"Our government has taken many steps to empower the girl
child," she said.
Walia said the government has launched `Ladli` Scheme to
check female foeticide and promote the education of girls by
providing financial incentives for the girl child.
The Nirmal Chhaya complex has 11 institutions for
neglected and destitute children and women.
The Minister took a round of the Home and appreciated
the paintings and handicraft items made by the girls.
She said so far 1,63,115 girls have been registered under
the Ladli scheme and already the positive impact of the
programme on female birth registration in Delhi has been seen.
The Minister said 6,606 Anganwadi centres are
functioning all over the capital in which hot cooked food is
being served to 6,13,164 children and supplementary nutrition
given to 1,19,189 pregnant and lactating mothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?