Student ragged in Delhi, suffers fracture
New Delhi: A first-year student of School of Planning and Architecture has become the victim of ragging and fractured his leg following which he had to undergo surgery, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place in SPA hostel in Taimoor Nagar on September two and a case was registered on December 30 under sections 341 (wrongful restraint, 323 (hurt) and 34 (common intention) of Indian Penal Code.
The father of the student, who hails from Ranchi, had complained to the SPA Dean which was later forwarded to police.
According to the complaint filed by the father, the victim had informed him that he was ragged by his seniors. The father asked him to come back. He was ragged by second year students on the roof-top of their hostel.
"He could not board the train on September ten because of his injury on his leg. He had problems in walking. On September 11, he managed to reach Ranchi. His right leg suffered fracture. Later, a surgery was also conducted," the father said in the complaint.
He was also taken Christian Medical College in Vellore for treatment.
The father said his son lives in fear and had already lost three months of his academics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof