Student ragged in Delhi, suffers fracture
New Delhi: A first-year student of School of Planning and Architecture has become the victim of ragging and fractured his leg following which he had to undergo surgery, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place in SPA hostel in Taimoor Nagar on September two and a case was registered on December 30 under sections 341 (wrongful restraint, 323 (hurt) and 34 (common intention) of Indian Penal Code.
The father of the student, who hails from Ranchi, had complained to the SPA Dean which was later forwarded to police.
According to the complaint filed by the father, the victim had informed him that he was ragged by his seniors. The father asked him to come back. He was ragged by second year students on the roof-top of their hostel.
"He could not board the train on September ten because of his injury on his leg. He had problems in walking. On September 11, he managed to reach Ranchi. His right leg suffered fracture. Later, a surgery was also conducted," the father said in the complaint.
He was also taken Christian Medical College in Vellore for treatment.
The father said his son lives in fear and had already lost three months of his academics.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on