Sultry Tuesday in Delhi
New Delhi: It was a sultry morning in the capital with the minimum temperature recorded a notch below the seasons average, at 25.8 degree Celsius. The weatherman said there is likelihood of rains.
“The skies will remain generally cloudy with rain and thunderstorm to occur soon in the city,” said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The capital saw chaos Monday evening due to the rains, heavy traffic and flooding of streets, but Tuesday morning everything was running smooth.
Rainfall of 28.6 mm have been recorded up to 8:30 a.m.
“The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 36 degree Celsius,” added the IMD official.
Humidity at 8:30 am was 85 percent.
Monday`s maximum and minimum temperature was recorded two notches above the seasons average at 36 degrees and 28.8 degrees Celsius respectively.
The national capital has recorded 431.4 mm of rain since the arrival of early monsoon in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor with Shah Rukh Khan in a film? Here's what the diva has to say!
- Space station gets ready for expansion of inflatable capsule 'BEAM' today
- India home to 56 of the world's 2,000 largest public companies: Forbes
- SRH vs KKR, IPL 2016: Kuldeep's spell; Yuvraj's knock; Bhuvi-Mustafizur's accuracy – three talking points
- This packing hack is just awesome! Watch video