Sultry Tuesday in Delhi
New Delhi: It was a sultry morning in the capital with the minimum temperature recorded a notch below the seasons average, at 25.8 degree Celsius. The weatherman said there is likelihood of rains.
“The skies will remain generally cloudy with rain and thunderstorm to occur soon in the city,” said an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official.
The capital saw chaos Monday evening due to the rains, heavy traffic and flooding of streets, but Tuesday morning everything was running smooth.
Rainfall of 28.6 mm have been recorded up to 8:30 a.m.
“The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 36 degree Celsius,” added the IMD official.
Humidity at 8:30 am was 85 percent.
Monday`s maximum and minimum temperature was recorded two notches above the seasons average at 36 degrees and 28.8 degrees Celsius respectively.
The national capital has recorded 431.4 mm of rain since the arrival of early monsoon in June.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference