Swipe your card to buy tickets at Airport Metro Express
New Delhi: From Friday, swipe your card instead of handing over cash to buy tickets and monthly passes on the Airport Metro Express.
The Reliance Infra-led consortium, which runs the high-speed Metro corridor, has installed debit and credit card machines at all metro stations.
Ticket counters will accept VISA, MASTER and MAESTRO debit and credit cards of any bank to buy travel tokens and top-up their travel cards, a spokesman said.
"Reliance Airport Metro Express constantly works towards the comfort and convenience of commuters. Introduction of debit/credit card machines at the stations is a step in this direction," Anil P Gupta, president, Reliance Infrastructure,
While the minimum transaction amount is Rs 100, the maximum is Rs 1000 per card.
"Going forward the ticket booking service will be available online and commuters would be able to top up his travel card with the use of debit/credit card, whenever and wherever they want," Gupta said.
The Airport Metro, which takes passengers from the city to Airport in 18 minutes, currently has a ridership of 16,000 a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site