Swipe your card to buy tickets at Airport Metro Express
New Delhi: From Friday, swipe your card instead of handing over cash to buy tickets and monthly passes on the Airport Metro Express.
The Reliance Infra-led consortium, which runs the high-speed Metro corridor, has installed debit and credit card machines at all metro stations.
Ticket counters will accept VISA, MASTER and MAESTRO debit and credit cards of any bank to buy travel tokens and top-up their travel cards, a spokesman said.
"Reliance Airport Metro Express constantly works towards the comfort and convenience of commuters. Introduction of debit/credit card machines at the stations is a step in this direction," Anil P Gupta, president, Reliance Infrastructure,
While the minimum transaction amount is Rs 100, the maximum is Rs 1000 per card.
"Going forward the ticket booking service will be available online and commuters would be able to top up his travel card with the use of debit/credit card, whenever and wherever they want," Gupta said.
The Airport Metro, which takes passengers from the city to Airport in 18 minutes, currently has a ridership of 16,000 a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden